There’s something special about the cozy feels of colder days. While I love me some good sunshine, a blustery day every now and then can be medicine to my soul! My absolute favorite thing to do on a cold day (if the kids will permit) is to stay in super snuggly clothes and indulge in all things hygge. I also love encouraging others to do the same with some hygge gift ideas. From candles and knit socks to hot tea and bubble baths, these are my top ten hygge-inspired gifts.
We’re almost halfway through November. Soon we’ll find ourselves in the bustling Christmas season. And while it’s easy to get caught up in the busyness, I think it’s important to remember that this is a season for us to really be present with each other and *enjoy* the moments we have together. One of my favorite ways to do this is by encouraging loved ones to pursue a slower and more intentional lifestyle with these hygge gift ideas.
I’ve already written about ways to adopt hygge into your home and life. Here, I’ll share my top 10 gift ideas for sharing the Danish concept of hygge with those around me.
Top 10 Hygge Gift Ideas
- Bath Bombs – If you haven’t experienced the luxury of bath bombs yet, let me warn you: You might never go back. These fizzy little guys transform any bath into a spa, and leave your skin feeling buttery soft.
- Essential Oils – I’m not about to take sides when it comes to essential oil brands. I just don’t care that much. 🙂 But I do love the OnGuard blend by doTerra. It smells heavenly and is supposed to promote immunity. I love using it as perfume, too. Just a drop (mixed with fractionated coconut oil) and hygge is in the air.
- Rosemary Mint Bubble Bath – Bath bombs are amazing. But when I’m in a bubbly mood, this one is my absolute favorite. It smells like Aveda!
- Kindle Paperwhite E-reader – Far from the digital experience of reading on your smartphone or tablet, the Paperwhite gives you (and your eyes) the feel of reading on paper. It’s easy to hold, and helps keep your shelves from becoming too cluttered with books, leaving room for other lovely things like…
- Succulents – For me, the simple addition of a live plant can boost the hygge factor tenfold. I love succulents since they’re easy to care for. They look great in these ceramic plant pots.
- 100% Pure Beeswax Votives – What is hygge without some candles? I love the 100% pure beeswax candles, since they burn cleaner than paraffin candles. They also release a subtle hint of honey.
- Cozy Kimono Robe – What’s a cold wintry day without a cozy robe? Even better with some Cozy Fuzzy Socks.
- Egyptian Licorice Mint Tea – Guys. Have you ever tried the tea they sample at Aveda? It’s luscious. And expensive! This is a fraction of the price and you can order on Amazon. Done and done.
- Sheepskin Rug – These things are awesome! If you drape it over the back of a chair or couch, it can single-handedly transform your room into a cozy hygge sanctuary. Plus, it’s less likely to end up on the floor (unlike all the blankets and throw pillows I’ve ever tried to use).
- Juice Glasses – Juice glasses? Yes. These bad boys can serve up anything from water to wine. They lend a very hygge, European vibe to a dinner party and, if you like ’em, you might even be able to pare down your stemware to a more minimalistic collection.
So, there’s my list of top 10 hygge-inspired gift ideas. Now I want to hear yours. What’s one thing you can’t live without on a cold wintry day?